Recipe: Coronation partridge
- Credit: Archant
There’s something beautifully nostalgic about Coronation chicken - the type your mum, and her mum, used to make! Game for Anything has taken this classic and put a gamey-twist on it, with an easy Coronation partridge recipe!
It’s partridge season! This beautiful, vibrant dish from Game for Anything is a wonderful twist on the classic coronation chicken your mother always made, and makes a nice, light change from the usual pot-roast partridge. You can find a similarly light smoked pigeon dish here, and more delicious game recipes using everything from pheasant to rabbit, here!
Coronation Partridge RECIPE (Serves 4)
Ingredients - CORONATION PARTRIDGE RECIPE
* 8 partridge breasts
* 500ml vegetable stock
* 1tbsp olive oil
* 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 Cartridge test: Sellior & Bellot S-Class
- 2 4 of the best: semi-auto shotguns reviewed in 2022!
- 3 Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon III - test & review
- 4 Gun test: new Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon III Sporting
- 5 Gun test: Caesar Guerini Summit Ascent Allsport
- 6 BROWNING B725 SPORTER - test & review
- 7 Watch: Andy Crow and friends go trout fishing!
- 8 Gun test: Beretta A400 Xcel Sporting
- 9 New Browning B725 Sporter - test & review
- 10 Watch: Beretta A400 Xcel Sporting test & review
* 1tsp curry powder
* 1tsp garam masala
* 100ml white wine
* 100ml game stock
* 1tbsp mango chutney
* 1tbsp mayonnaise
* 1tbsp crème fraiche
* Spring onions, finely chopped chilli and toasted flaked almonds to serve!
Method - CORONATION PARTRIDGE RECIPE
1. Bring the vegetable stock to the boil then lower the heat to a simmer
2. Add the partridge breasts and cook for 8-10 minutes until the juices run clear in the thickest part of the breast
3. Remove the partridge from the stock and leave to cool
4. Place the olive oil and shallots in a cold pan and fry for 3-4 minutes (try not to allow them to brown)
5. Add the curry powder and garam masala and cook for a further 2 minutes
6. Add the white wine and game stock and reduce by three quarters, then add the mango chutney and remove from the heat and allow to cool
7. When both elements have cooled, chop the partridge into 1cm cubes
8. Place the mayonnaise and creme fraiche into a bowl, fold in the curry and mango mixture, then stir until mixed thoroughly
9. Add the chopped partridge and combine