SPANISH-STYLE PHEASANT STEW WITH PAPRIKA AND OLIVES
- Credit: Archant
Delicious, quick and easy to make Spanish-style pheasant stew from our sub and food guru Laura Paton... a tasty twist on a classic pheasant stew
* 2 whole pheasants
* 4 tbsp flour, seasoned
* olive oil
* 1 red onion, chopped
* 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon III - test & review
- 2 BERETTA 694 SPORTING - TEST & REVIEW
- 3 Yildiz Pro Black Sporter - test & review
- 4 Beretta 694 Trap - test & review
- 5 Caesar Guerini Invictus III Ascent Sporter - test & review
- 6 2021 shooting events: the best clay competition, fairs & shows in 2021
- 7 ZOLI Z SPORT HR 11 - test and review
- 8 BROWNING B725 SPORTER - test & review
- 9 Can I fire a shotgun near a road?
- 10 How to proof your gun for steel shot
* 2 sticks of celery, chopped
* 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
* 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
* 1 tbsp smoked paprika
* 200ml chicken stock
* 400g tin chopped tomatoes
* few thyme sprigs
* handful pitted olives
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Joint each pheasant into 8 pieces: cut legs off, chop in half at knee; cut breasts and wings off in one piece, chop in half. Dust in flour.
3. Heat oil in large, ovenproof casserole dish. Brown pheasant, remove from pan.
4. Fry onions until soft. Add carrot and celery and fry for 5 minutes.
5. Add garlic, pepper and paprika and fry for 1 minute.
6. Return pheasant to pan. Add stock, chopped tomatoes and thyme.
7. Bring to the boil then cover and place in oven for 50 minutes, or until meat is tender. Stir in olives and season.