Quick, easy and delicious Duck Stir Fry recipe
- Credit: Archant
Sometimes you just need a nice, quick, easy-to-make recipe that the kids will love and that doesn’t involve any obscure ingredients... Dan Williams’ duck stir fry recipe is exactly that!
With the wildfowling season upon us, I’m sure duck will be on the menu for many of you. For me, quick and simple meals are always a winner, especially with two young kids running around. This simple duck stir fry dish is a straightforward recipe that’s easy to prepare, doesn’t take long, and tastes great! Why not give it a go and put your own little twist on things? Everything listed below is for two people, so just adjust accordingly if you are cooking for more…
This recipe comes courtesy of Dan Williams. Check out Dan’s excellent shooting blog by clicking here
• 2 duck legs
• 2 nests of egg noodles
• 1 red chilli
• 1 bunch coriander
- 1 Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon III - test & review
- 2 BERETTA 694 SPORTING - TEST & REVIEW
- 3 Caesar Guerini Invictus III Ascent Sporter - test & review
• 1 lime
• 1 garlic clove
• 1 onion (small)
• Soy sauce and hoisin stir fry sauce
1. Remove the skin, excess fat and remove the leg meat from the bone, then shred it into a bowl and set aside for the moment.
2. De-seed the chilli and finely chop. Dice the onion, finely chop the garlic and roughly chop the coriander. Zest the lime, then chop in half and set to one side.
1. Add a splash of oil to your wok and pre heat before adding the duck. Fry on medium heat for 6-8 minutes. In the meantime, boil some water for the noodles
2. Just before the duck is cooked, add the onion, garlic and chilli to the wok. Put as much or as little chilli as suits your taste
3. Boil the noodles for around 4 minutes, so they are still a little firm
4. Once ready, drain the noodles and add them to the wok with the other ingredients, then add a splash of soy sauce, the hoisin sauce, a squeeze of lime juice and half the coriander
5. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes, until everything is piping hot.
6. Serve in bowls and sprinkle with the remainder of the coriander and the lime zest, and enjoy with prawn crackers!