PHEASANT GOUJONS WITH HERB AND GARLIC DIP
- Credit: Archant
Quick, easy and delicious recipe for pheasant goujons from our sub and food guru Laura Paton... these are perfect for kids!
* 4 skinless pheasant breasts, cut into strips
* 1 garlic clove, crushed
* small handful of mixed herbs, finely chopped (I used chives, parsley and mint)
* squeeze of lemon juice
* 4 tbsp crème fraiche
- 1 Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon III - test & review
- 2 BERETTA 694 SPORTING - TEST & REVIEW
- 3 Yildiz Pro Black Sporter - test & review
- 4 Gun test: Browning 525 GL
- 5 BERETTA A400 XTREME PLUS - test & review
- 6 FABARM CLASSIS 20-BORE - test & review
- 7 ATA SP Deluxe Sideplate shotgun - test & review
- 8 BROWNING B725 SPORTER - test & review
- 9 Cartridge test: Fiocchi 4HV Sporting, Official Rossa 24g Trap & Fiocchi Official 24g
- 10 Can I fire a shotgun near a road?
* 2 tbsp olive oil
* 3 tbsp plain flour, seasoned
* 2 eggs, lightly beaten
* 100g breadcrumbs
1. Mix together garlic, herbs, lemon juice and crème fraiche. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in large frying pan.
3. Put flour, beaten eggs and breadcrumbs into separate bowls.
4. Dust each pheasant strip in flour, shaking off excess.
5. Once coated in flour, dip each one in egg.
6. Lastly, coat each one in breadcrumbs.
7. Fry pheasant strips until crisp, golden and cooked through. Drain on kitchen paper. (You may need to do this in batches, adding more oil if required.)
8. Serve with herb and garlic dip.