PHEASANT AND MUSHROOMS ON TOAST
- Credit: Archant
Quick and easy recipe for tasty pheasant and mushrooms on toast from our sub and food guru Laura Paton... perfect for a quick yet delicious dinner
* 4 pheasant breasts
* 2 tbsp olive oil
* 400g mixed mushrooms, quartered
* few thyme sprigs
- 1 Building a partnership with your puppy
- 2 Gun test: new Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon III Sporting
- 3 Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon III - test & review
- 4 BERETTA 694 SPORTING - TEST & REVIEW
- 5 BROWNING B725 SPORTER - test & review
- 6 Gun test review: Yildiz Pro Black Grade 4 Adjustable
- 7 Yildiz Pro Black Sporter - test & review
- 8 Firearms Licensing - Urgent notice!
- 9 The NEW Longthorne Boxlock Trigger Plate - reviewed by Jonny Carter
- 10 Gun test: Yildiz .410
* 8 slices of sourdough bread
* 1 garlic clove, halved
* extra virgin olive oil
* 4 tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 200C.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil and a knob of butter in an ovenproof frying pan.
3. Brown pheasant breasts on each side. Place in oven for 10 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from pan and keep warm.
4. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan over a high heat. Tip in mushrooms and thyme. Fry for a few minutes, stirring regularly, until mushrooms are soft. Stir in knob of butter.
5. Meanwhile, toast bread. Rub each slice with cut side of garlic clove. Drizzle with olive oil. Top each slice with mushrooms, a few slices of pheasant breast and a sprinkling of chopped parsley. Serve immediately.