PHEASANT AND MUSHROOMS ON TOAST
- Credit: Archant
Quick and easy recipe for tasty pheasant and mushrooms on toast from our sub and food guru Laura Paton... perfect for a quick yet delicious dinner
* 4 pheasant breasts
* 2 tbsp olive oil
* 400g mixed mushrooms, quartered
* few thyme sprigs
- 1 Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon III - test & review
- 2 BERETTA 694 SPORTING - TEST & REVIEW
- 3 Yildiz Pro Black Sporter - test & review
- 4 Gun test: Browning 525 GL
- 5 BERETTA A400 XTREME PLUS - test & review
- 6 ATA SP Deluxe Sideplate shotgun - test & review
- 7 BROWNING B725 SPORTER - test & review
- 8 Beretta 868E Evo - detailed test and review
- 9 Cartridge test: Fiocchi 4HV Sporting, Official Rossa 24g Trap & Fiocchi Official 24g
- 10 Can I fire a shotgun near a road?
* 8 slices of sourdough bread
* 1 garlic clove, halved
* extra virgin olive oil
* 4 tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 200C.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil and a knob of butter in an ovenproof frying pan.
3. Brown pheasant breasts on each side. Place in oven for 10 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from pan and keep warm.
4. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan over a high heat. Tip in mushrooms and thyme. Fry for a few minutes, stirring regularly, until mushrooms are soft. Stir in knob of butter.
5. Meanwhile, toast bread. Rub each slice with cut side of garlic clove. Drizzle with olive oil. Top each slice with mushrooms, a few slices of pheasant breast and a sprinkling of chopped parsley. Serve immediately.