OVEN-BAKED PHEASANT, PEA AND PANCETTA RISOTTO
- Credit: Archant
Delicious, quick and easy to make pheasant, pea and pancetta risotto from our sub editor and food guru Laura Paton
* 4 skinless pheasant breasts, cut into strips
* 2 tbsp olive oil
* 250g arborio rice
* 1 onion, finely chopped
* 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 BROWNING B725 SPORTER - test & review
- 2 Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon III - test & review
- 3 BERETTA A400 XTREME PLUS - test & review
- 4 BERETTA 694 SPORTING - TEST & REVIEW
- 5 Beretta 868E Evo - detailed test and review
- 6 Yildiz Pro Black Sporter - test & review
- 7 Beretta 694 Trap - test & review
- 8 Can I fire a shotgun near a road?
- 9 Gun test: Yildiz Pro Black grade 4 adjustable
- 10 2021 shooting events: the best clay competition, fairs & shows in 2021
* 200g frozen peas, defrosted
* 220g smoked pancetta lardons
* 750ml hot chicken stock
* 35g parmesan, finely grated
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Place a large casserole dish in the oven.
2 Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
3. Fry pheasant strips until golden and cooked through. Remove from pan.
4. Add pancetta and fry until crisp. Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
5. Fry onion and garlic for 5 minutes or until soft.
6. Return pancetta to pan along with rice and stir until well combined. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring regularly.
7. Pour in stock and bring to the boil.
8. Tip rice mixture into pre-heated dish. Cover and bake for 15 minutes. Add pheasant and peas and bake uncovered for 3-4 minutes.
9. Stir in parmesan and season.