Sporting Shooter's best buys
Thinking of buying a gun?
Thinking of buying a gun? Don't part with your cash until you've checked out our list of 'best buys' - selected by the Sporting Shooter experts.
We're not saying you shouldn't buy a gun that isn't on one of these lists. But if you're not sure, we can guarantee that the guns listed here are all excellent for the job.
Remember that the prices listed are the importers' 'suggested' retail prices. Actual prices in the shops will vary, and many shops will offer you a trade-in deal on your old gun.
Support your local gunshop - go along to view and handle guns, and ask about any special offers.
Read our 13 top tips on buying a gun here �
Our 'best buy' listsShotgunsTop 10 clayshooting over-and-unders >> Top 10 game shooting over-and-unders >> Top 5 budget guns >> Top 5 side-by-sides >> Top 5 semi-autos >> RiflesTop 5 centrefire rifles >> Top 5 rimfire rifles >> Also in this section:Mike Yardley's gun tests >>
- 1 Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon III - test & review
- 2 BERETTA 694 SPORTING - TEST & REVIEW
- 3 Yildiz Pro Black Sporter - test & review
- 4 Beretta 868E Evo - detailed test and review
- 5 Caesar Guerini Invictus III Ascent Sporter - test & review
- 6 New Browning B725 Sporter - test & review
- 7 Beretta 694 Trap - test & review
- 8 BROWNING B725 SPORTER - test & review
- 9 BERETTA A400 XTREME PLUS - test & review
- 10 How to proof your gun for steel shot