The hounds of Fell
- Credit: nick ridley
Countryman Fairs will be working with the local hunting community for this year’s Hound Show, which forms part of the Lowther Show on 10 and 11 August
Countryman Fairs will be working with the local hunting community for this year’s Hound Show, which forms part of the Lowther Show on 10 and 11 August.
Saturday’s Hound Show will include the Fell Hounds from the world famous Lakeland Fell Packs, the Hill Hounds from other hunts across the north and Studbook Hounds from mounted packs from further afield. Sunday will be Harehounds Day with classes for beagles and harriers.
Show Secretary Neil Salisbury said: “2013 welcomes a traditional hunting insight at Lowther across the weekend, which will please hunting enthusiasts and give the general public the opportunity to see this core rural tradition on both days of the show.”
Visitors to the Lowther Show will also be able to visit a designated hunting area, where enthusiasts will be able to meet with like-minded individuals and view lots of different items of hunting memorabilia. Visitors can also view the different types of hounds up close.
For further information contact the Hound Show’s Secretary, Neil Salisbury, on 01539 436611. For show details go to www.countrymanfairs.co.uk
- 1 Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon III - test & review
- 2 BERETTA 694 SPORTING - TEST & REVIEW
- 3 BROWNING B725 SPORTER - test & review
- 4 Beretta 694 Trap - test & review
- 5 The Game Fair Christmas: three days of seasonal treats in London
- 6 New Browning B725 Sporter - test & review
- 7 Yildiz Pro Black Sporter - test & review
- 8 BERETTA A400 XTREME PLUS - test & review
- 9 Gun test: Yildiz Pro Black grade 4 adjustable
- 10 Beretta DT11 Skeet - test & review