Scottish Game Fair’s 25th anniversary
- Credit: gwct
GWCT wants to hear from you if you were at the first Scottish Game Fair
Cast your mind back to the summer of ‘89 and try to remember if you were present at the first Scottish Game Fair held at Scone Palace.
If so, then you could hold some interesting information for organisers of the event, the Game & Wildlife Conservation Trust.
In celebrating the silver anniversary of the Fair in 2013, the GWCT is seeking out those who may have been involved in the organisation of the first event or who may have special memories of the Fair. Perhaps you won a competition, exhibited as a trade stand holder or your dog won the scurry?
If so, then 25th anniversary events organiser Donna Bell would love to hear from you. Donna has been collating press cuttings and photographs from previous Fairs to pull together a special exhibit on the event’s history.
“It is such an interesting task sifting through all the memorabilia but I am especially keen to speak to those who attended the first Fair at Scone Palace and to find out more about that first event which has grown to become such a popular date on the Scottish social calendar.
“I have already found some interesting press cuttings of people who have won competitions and such like and will be following these up in the next few weeks, but I am very keen to find out more and would welcome people to get in touch.”
- 1 Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon III - test & review
- 2 Cartridge test: Sellior & Bellot S-Class
- 3 4 of the best: semi-auto shotguns reviewed in 2022!
- 4 Gun test: Beretta A400 Xcel Sporting
- 5 Gun test: new Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon III Sporting
- 6 Gun test: Caesar Guerini Summit Ascent Allsport
- 7 Watch: Andy Crow and friends go trout fishing!
- 8 New Browning B725 Sporter - test & review
- 9 BROWNING B725 SPORTER - test & review
- 10 Yildiz Pro Black Sporter - test & review
Donna’s exhibit will form part of an anniversary reception on the first day of the 2013 event – Friday, July 5 – at which organisers are hoping there will be a very special guest to officially open the Fair.
To share your memories, anecdotes and interesting facts from the 1989 Fair, please contact Donna at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30.