October 07 News
News - October 07Retriever Championship is back on
22.10.07 – The IGL Retriever Championship will now be held as originally planned, on 3, 4 and 5 December at Windsor Great Park, by gracious permission of HM The Queen.
The event had been in jeopardy due to restrictions imposed after Foot & Mouth was identified in farms nearby, but now that restrictions have been relaxed the decision has been taken that the event can go ahead.
FMD puts Retriever Championship in jeopardy
05.10.07 – The International Gundog League Retriever Society has announced that the 2007 Retriever Championship, due to take place in December, will not be held at the Windsor Estate due to Foot and Mouth.
The decision was made following the identification of the eighth case of FMD in Surrey since August. The league is currently looking for alternative venues – information from IGL will be issued as soon as the situation is clear.
- 1 Can I fire a shotgun near a road?
- 2 Yildiz Pro Black Sporter - test & review
- 3 Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon III - test & review
- 4 Gun test: new Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon III Sporting
- 5 Gun test review: Yildiz Pro Black Grade 4 Adjustable
- 6 Cartridge test: Fiocchi 4HV Sporting, Official Rossa 24g Trap & Fiocchi Official 24g
- 7 Watch: Beretta A400 Xcel Sporting test & review
- 8 Gun test: Beretta A400 Xcel Sporting
- 9 Gun test: Caesar Guerini Summit Ascent Allsport
- 10 4 of the best: semi-auto shotguns reviewed in 2022!
New look for Game Conservancy
25.09.07 - The Game Conservancy Trust is renaming itself The Game & Wildlife Conservation Trust, from 1 October. It has a new logo, featuring the familiar English grey partridge, but with a modern new look, above the trust's new name.
Chief executive Teresa Dent said: "We are all really delighted with the new name and logo, and I believe that these subtle changes more accurately reflect what we do."
Chairman Mark Hudson explains that the trust's work extends beyond game species into many aspects of wildlife, and countryside management, including research into farmland ecology, conservation of farmland birds, entomology and wildlife-friendly farming. "The new name and logo should help us to communicate this message more effectively," he said, adding that game conservation is an integral part of nature conservation.
Previous news stories »";s:13:"defau