October 07 News
News - October 07Retriever Championship is back on
22.10.07 – The IGL Retriever Championship will now be held as originally planned, on 3, 4 and 5 December at Windsor Great Park, by gracious permission of HM The Queen.
The event had been in jeopardy due to restrictions imposed after Foot & Mouth was identified in farms nearby, but now that restrictions have been relaxed the decision has been taken that the event can go ahead.
FMD puts Retriever Championship in jeopardy
05.10.07 – The International Gundog League Retriever Society has announced that the 2007 Retriever Championship, due to take place in December, will not be held at the Windsor Estate due to Foot and Mouth.
The decision was made following the identification of the eighth case of FMD in Surrey since August. The league is currently looking for alternative venues – information from IGL will be issued as soon as the situation is clear.
- 1 Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon III - test & review
- 2 BROWNING B725 SPORTER - test & review
- 3 BERETTA 694 SPORTING - TEST & REVIEW
- 4 Caesar Guerini Invictus III Ascent Sporter - test & review
- 5 Gun test: new Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon III Sporting
- 6 Game recipe: Partridge gnocchi bake
- 7 Can I fire a shotgun near a road?
- 8 Gun test: Browning 525 GL
- 9 Beretta 694 Trap - test & review
- 10 The NEW Longthorne Boxlock Trigger Plate - reviewed by Jonny Carter
New look for Game Conservancy
25.09.07 - The Game Conservancy Trust is renaming itself The Game & Wildlife Conservation Trust, from 1 October. It has a new logo, featuring the familiar English grey partridge, but with a modern new look, above the trust's new name.
Chief executive Teresa Dent said: "We are all really delighted with the new name and logo, and I believe that these subtle changes more accurately reflect what we do."
Chairman Mark Hudson explains that the trust's work extends beyond game species into many aspects of wildlife, and countryside management, including research into farmland ecology, conservation of farmland birds, entomology and wildlife-friendly farming. "The new name and logo should help us to communicate this message more effectively," he said, adding that game conservation is an integral part of nature conservation.
Previous news stories »";s:13:"defau