Countryside Alliance urges country people to make their voices heard in national crime survey
- Credit: Archant
The Countryside Alliance is urging its members and supporters to take part in the National Rural Crime Survey, the largest ever survey to investigate the true impact of crime on communities in rural areas of England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Anyone living or working in rural areas is being encouraged to take part in the survey, launched by the National Rural Crime Network (NRCN), to help build a picture of what is a widespread but often misunderstood issue.
Countryside Alliance Executive Chairman, Barney White-Spunner said: “Any crime that happens in an urban area can, and does, happen in rural areas too, including violent crime, traffic offences and anti-social behaviour. Crime can affect all those living and working in rural areas, with traditional farm-related incidents such as fuel theft and sheep rustling making up just one part of a much bigger problem.
“This important survey will also shed light on the human implications of offences, showing it is not just victims who are affected but communities as a whole. I urge everyone who can to take part in the survey.”
The National Rural Crime Network (NRCN) is supported by 28 Police and Crime Commissioners and police forces across England and Wales. The Network, established in July 2014, includes a wide range of organisations with an interest in community safety and rural affairs such as the Countryside Alliance, the CLA and Neighbourhood Watch.
The survey will be open until Wednesday 24 June. To complete the survey, visit www.nationalruralcrimenetwork.net/survey?member=CA
- 1 Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon III - test & review
- 2 BERETTA 694 SPORTING - TEST & REVIEW
- 3 Yildiz Pro Black Sporter - test & review
- 4 Beretta 868E Evo - detailed test and review
- 5 Caesar Guerini Invictus III Ascent Sporter - test & review
- 6 New Browning B725 Sporter - test & review
- 7 Beretta 694 Trap - test & review
- 8 BROWNING B725 SPORTER - test & review
- 9 BERETTA A400 XTREME PLUS - test & review
- 10 Can I fire a shotgun near a road?