BASC announces details of wildfowling awareness days
- Credit: Archant
Details of the first of two wildfowling awareness days to be held this season have been announced by the British Association for Shooting and Conservation (BASC).
The events, which are exclusive to BASC members, will allow participants to experience wildfowling with specialist BASC staff and affiliated clubs.
The first will be held on September 20, from 12 noon until approximately 9pm, starting at BASC’s Head Office near Chester.
Each course will include a theory session, followed by the opportunity to shoot evening flight on a nearby estuary accompanied by a wildfowling club member.
The theory sessions will cover aspects of wildfowling including law, safety, fieldcraft and quarry identification.
The cost of the day is £75 per person. Places are limited to 12 and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Participants must be shotgun certificate holders.
For full booking information, visit http://basc.org.uk/events/wildfowling-awareness-day/
- 1 Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon III - test & review
- 2 BERETTA 694 SPORTING - TEST & REVIEW
- 3 Beretta 694 Trap - test & review
- 4 BROWNING B725 SPORTER - test & review
- 5 The Game Fair Christmas: three days of seasonal treats in London
- 6 New Browning B725 Sporter - test & review
- 7 Yildiz Pro Black Sporter - test & review
- 8 BERETTA A400 XTREME PLUS - test & review
- 9 Beretta DT11 Skeet - test & review
- 10 Gun test: Yildiz Pro Black grade 4 adjustable
Mark Greenhough, BASC’s Wildfowling Officer, said: “We are aiming these days at people who have some experience of shooting and would like to try wildfowling for themselves. Delegates will receive tuition from specialist staff and experienced wildfowlers.”
A second event will be held on the Humber estuary, details to be announced on the BASC website soon.