100 years of the Golden Retriever Club
- Credit: Nick Ridley
To celebrate its centenary year the Golden Retriever Club is holding a special four-day event at the Bathurst Estate, Cirencester, from Friday 12 to Monday 15 July.
Festivities kick off on the Friday with the Joint Golden Retriever Clubs Championship Show, hosted by the GRC. There will be an art exhibition charting the history and development of the GRC, with some never-before-seen treasures, and a champagne reception at 5pm.
Day two features the Interclub Working Tests, limited obedience show and agility demonstration. There will also be displays from dog related charities, heelwork to music and from the SGRS Display team, as well as the International Parade of Champions. A gala dinner at the Four Pillars Hotel in Cirencester completes the day.
Sunday sees the GRC’s 61st Championship Centenary show as well as the International Working Test, with prize-giving in the afternoon.
The four-day extravaganza is rounded off on Monday with an International Golden Forum and a historical review of 100 years of the club. There will be a lunch and opportunities for Q&As.
For full details of the celebration go to the website: www.grc-centenary.co.uk
- 1 WATCH: Shooting & Country TV | Tim's Wild Kitchen (1) | Cold-smoked roast wild rabbit hunt & cook!
- 2 Gun test: Breda B3.5 SM semi-auto
- 3 Yildiz Pro Black Sporter - test & review
- 4 Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon III - test & review
- 5 Running riot: breeders are selling gundogs to the wrong homes
- 6 BROWNING B725 SPORTER - test & review
- 7 Beretta 868E Evo - detailed test and review
- 8 The L Word: rifle shooters embrace move away from lead ammo
- 9 Beretta 694 Trap - test & review
- 10 New Browning B725 Sporter - test & review