Seeland Woodcock suit
Light, breathable and elegant, the new Woodcock range from Seeland seems to be a great option for early season game shooting and I will be packing it for next month’s partridge shooting trip. It’s cut to emulate classic UK game shooting styles and should work well for shooters and pickers-up alike.
The supple fabric has a nice herringbone weave with suede detailing at the collar and is lined with the breathable and waterproof Seetex membrane.
The jacket is packed with shooter-friendly features such as fleece-lined handwarmer pockets and front pockets with drain holes and ‘quick load’ openings.
The waistcoat is really nicely cut with good sized pockets and smooth shoulder patches for easy gun mount.
My favourite item has to be the breeks. They are a great fit for me – roomy and easy to walk in even on tough terrain, they look extremely smart with long socks and field boots but are also very comfy with wellies. And Seeland has a nice range of classic woollen socks with patterned tops and matching sock garters for �34.99.
Topping it all off is a matching cap with woodcock motif.
What impresses most of all is the competitive pricing. The jacket comes in at under �150 RRP, the breeks at �74.99 and the waistcost at �69.99. The cap is �29.99 and the socks �34.99. For a brand as well regarded as Seeland and an outfit as smart and functional as the Woodcock, that seems like excellent value.
- 1 Watch: Insane Canada goose morning flight!
- 2 Gun test: new Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon III Sporting
- 3 Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon III - test & review
- 4 BROWNING B725 SPORTER - test & review
- 5 BERETTA 694 SPORTING - TEST & REVIEW
- 6 Firearms Licensing - Urgent notice!
- 7 Shooting terminology: should we change it?
- 8 The NEW Longthorne Boxlock Trigger Plate - reviewed by Jonny Carter
- 9 How to proof your gun for steel shot
- 10 Yildiz Pro Black Sporter - test & review
For more information visit: www.seelandinternational.com